Sunday, March 20, 2011

Black & White

Just a quick one for your Sunday afternoon.  I know I say this a lot, but I feel like I haven't picked up the camera anywhere near enough lately!  This time it's because I have quite a few exciting side-projects going (oh and a life to live too!).  I'm looking at a few new directions to go down with my photography and there is a fair bit to do to make that happen! I'm having lots of fun though, and that's what it's all about!

 The shots below are my first proper attempt to go down the Black & White road (and yes I see the irony, given my choice of subject for my first try!).  These were shot in Black & White, not convertated in post-production like my earlier BW photos.  The choice of subject might not be what you would expect for this sort of thing, but I wanted to see how I could apply the look and what it might be used for, look out for more of these soon!

The first set are taken in a place not far from home:






This last shot is definately a little bit left of field, but the contrast is striking, it was shot out from under the bridge shown above.

The second set, was taken about 3 feet from where I sit now writing this, of a good friend of mine.  He loves modeling, he will bring out a bit of "blue steel" whenever he gets in front of a camera! So I got him during a mid-afternoon nap instead!



0 comments: