Monday, December 9, 2013

Bare Island

It's been a long road, but I'm finally able to write to you with some good news that I've been waiting to bring for too long- I'm back!

Where did I go, you ask? Well actually nowhere, but I've written too many posts on here telling you about how I made the most of working within the limits of my gear and how I've learned from the experience. 

After 6 months shooting on a fixed 50mm lens more traditionally associated with artistic portraits than sweeping landscapes, I have bagged myself  a brand new lens (a Nikon 16-35mm F/4 for the shutterbugs reading this) and with it I can finally get back into the photography that I love the most- landscapes and seascapes.

I'm not stopping my learning now though, I am making this return with a fresh mindset and a whole new set of techniques to learn and perfect. 

Here's a few shots from the lens's maiden outing- the final Photowalk for 2013 with the Photowalk Guys. The location, Bare Island in La Perouse was also one I've never visited before, despite a lack of colour in the sky, I still had a blast and I'm very excited about the potential this lens is already showing me!








0 comments: