Tuesday, July 22, 2014

June 2014 Highlights

Variety is the spice of life they say, and I think the collection of images I published in June is proof that, in fact I think the only common theme might be the fairly ordinary weather! But that only adds atmosphere in my opinion. 

Sydney CBD

I grabbed this one whilst waiting for the Vivid lights to turn on, I like it because it's also a nice lead into my second location…


Sydney Tower

For Lina's Birthday I managed I tracked down some tickets to a very small photography class held at the top of the Sydney Tower, at sunrise. While I'm sure plenty of tourists have covered the 360 degree views of Sydney the tower offers of Sydney, it isn't open to the public at Sunrise any day of the year so this felt fairly special. Our morning was characterised by massive rain clouds and fog which engulfed the city, however, this gave us some very views of the city to capture. This is a memory neither of us will have for a long time!




Shelly Beach

As we rolled up for a sunset shoot in this sheltered corner of Manly, so did a massive storm and forced us to retreat, but I feel this location has potential. A return is on the cards!



Turimetta & North Narrabeen

A moody sunrise at one of the Northern Beach's most popular locations. I have seen some different perspectives of these locations recently and was looking forward to having a try myself, however another rainstorm spoiled the party minutes after dawn.



Little Collins Beach

Who knew a little peace of what looks like a tropical island, was hiding away, minutes from busy Manly?


Blue Mountains Adventure

Despite visiting regularly since early childhood, I'm still in love with the Blue Mountains, and every time I visit, I manage to find some place new to get excited about. This time was a location called 'Flat Rock'. And you guessed it, just after we arrived, the rain came. But not even a windblown rainstorm could dull my excitement for the crazy spectacular it was creating as it travelled across the valley towards me. The other images are of some old favourite locations we revisited and some new ones we found off of the beaten tourist track.






Cars, Zen, Coffee

My token Automotive post for June, lots of classic, exotic and modern metal was on display at the Bella Vista Hotel on a damp winters morning. I'm really starting to appreciate some of the more classic machines, perhaps you'd like to see more? Let me know in the comments!











0 comments: