Saturday, August 16, 2014

July 2014 Highlights

Here's a little look at what I clicked in this year's mid-winter month:

Hardy's Bay

A little piece of quiet coastal paradise, tucked away in a corner of the the NSW central coast, that I'll be honest- I didn't even know existed!  This trip was a bit of an exploratory one, not much to show from this outing, but lots of great spots I will be returning to over summer!


Cavallino // Sydney Automobile Club - Cars & Coffee July

As I eluded to last month, this monthly event has been on my radar for a while, but due to other commitments, I hadn't been able to attend. I finally made the July event, and I have to say, this meet has stolen my heart! There is such a variety of cars here, there is truly something here to cater for any automotive taste, if this doesn't get your motor running, nothing will!  This is now a must see for LensflarePhoto every month.








South Curl Curl- Big Swell Day

In July this year, the East Coast of Australia endured some days of massive surf. The below image is one of my favourites, shot at one of my favourite locations to watch a big swell-South Curl Curl.  


Milson's Point 

I snuck in a sunrise when I was early for work one morning, pulling off the freeway at North Sydney to see what the sunrise might do.  I did two things successfully- shoot a nice clean slow photo of the bridge that I've always wanted AND stand so patiently still in the 4 degree air morning air, waiting for the sun to hit the horizon, that I sent both my legs and fingers numb in the cold!


Bombo Quarry

After my first visit in here in May, I decided that I absolutely had to return as this place has so many seascape options. This time Lina and I headed down on a sunny Sunday afternoon, so my vision of a dramatic and moody seascape amongst the pillars of rock, will have to wait for another day. However, still on the hunt for fresh look at this very popular spot, I climbed my way onto a rock on the Northern side of the main formation, feeling more than a little anxious about the angry sea breaking against the rocks below me. The final frame below, captured from this spot, is one my personal favourite seascapes that I've shot to date, but somehow this place has intoxicated me and I want another go!








0 comments: